A man arrested for an alleged sexual assault at a Lincoln restaurant has been bailed until later this month.
As previously reported, the co-owner of Churchills on Lincoln High Street was allegedly sexually assaulted by a “drugged up man” after he took food off customers’ plates at around 1.50pm on Monday, July 9.
A 28-year-old local man was previously arrested on suspicion of a sexual offence.
Lincolnshire Police confirmed to The Lincolnite that a man has since been bailed until July 25 and no more arrests have been made in relation to the incident.
The man must return to police on this date when they will determine the next course of action.
Churchills’ owner Matthew Wilson previously told The Lincolnite he had come outside to see what was happening, followed by his partner Shari-Lee Green, and told the man to leave.
It was then the man allegedly grabbed Shari-Lee “between her legs and on her chest and wouldn’t let go” while she was holding her one-year-old son.
Matthew added he tried to pull him out the way and he fell to the floor, and said he was aggressive and threatening towards his partner and customers.
Police attended and arrested the man, who is described as just over five foot and wearing matching khaki green tracksuit bottoms and top.
Matthew said: “I am horrified. It happened in broad daylight.
“We are worried about future abuse. We will be press charges and going all the way with this, it is not acceptable.”
He added: “Every day when I come to work in the morning there are 15-20 homeless people in shop doorways drinking, peeing in bins and there are sleeping bags all over the High Street.”