Residents will have one final chance this evening to attend a drop-in event with the group behind plans that could see the Lincoln Walk-in-Centre closed for good.
As reported previously, three public Q&A sessions were held this week at the Abbey Access Training Centre on Monks Road in Lincoln as part of an eight-week consultation over the future of the service.
The last session will be held at the centre between 7pm and 9pm on Thursday, June 29.
Patients told The Lincolnite they were worried that a closure could create added pressure on GPs and the city’s A&E department.
Union representatives have also said that a protest is being planned for next month outside Lincoln A&E in opposition to the proposals to close the walk-in-centre.
The CCG said that over 1,600 people had taken part in the consultation to date.
When questioned about nearby GPs’ ability to take on seven-days-a-week targets, Chief Operating Officer Sarah-Jane Mills could not guarantee that surgeries would be able to do so by the end of the consultation.
People can also make sure their views are heard by completing the online survey here, emailing [email protected] or writing to NHS Lincolnshire West Clinical Commissioning Group, Cross O’Cliff, Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln, LN4 2HN.
The CCG, which has an annual budget of over £300 million, stated that the £1 million a year service is not fit for purpose and that the move is not about savings.
Watch the interview with health bosses below: