There have already been 30 injury collisions resulting in 36 fatalities on Lincolnshire’s roads in 2019.
The number of injuries and fatal collisions has increased over the last year, but the five-year trend is dropping.
In Lincolnshire there has been 30 injury collisions resulting in 30 fatalities from January to July 30, 2019.
During the same period in 2018 there were 19 injury collisions and 22 fatal collisions.
However, the five-year trend is dropping from 3,184 crashes in 2013 to 2,577 in 2017. See the remaining figures below:
- 2013 – 3,184
- 2014 – 3,113
- 2015 – 3,006
- 2016 – 2,737
- 2017 – 2,577
John Siddle from Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership said: “It is always a concern when people are dying on our roads and our whole team, including our investigators, are working hard to look at causations, trends and work out, with the police through enforcement, how we can stem this rise.
“Our other work with vulnerable groups, young drivers, older drivers, motorcycle and scooter riders as well as those driving for work carries on to make sure we do not return to the days when close to 100 road users died every year on our roads.”
- Motorcyclist David Duckitt died after a crash on the A15 between Barnetby Top and Elsham on February 25
- Isabella Hopkins from Scunthorpe died after a crash on the A15 just after the Brigg Road Bridge on February 25
- Derek Fox, 84, died after a crash on the A46 at Caistor on February 26
- Jason Brown, 43, was named by police as the cyclist who died in a crash in Grimsby on March 24
- A big remembrance event took place in City Square in Lincoln to honour the three teenagers who died after a crash at Welton Cliff near RAF Scampton on March 25
- Roger Malcolm Stevens, 75, died after a crash on the A17 Holdingham roundabout on March 27
- A man in his 50s died after a fatal crash on the A1 near Grantham on May 2
- Two people died after a crash on the Leadenham bypass on the A17 on May 24
- Tributes were paid to Richard Arbon, 23, who lost his life in a crash near Saxilby on June 6
- A woman in her 50s died after a crash on the A17 at Asgarby near Sleaford on June 21
- Karen Anne Mercer, 49, died after a grey Citroen crashed into the front window of the Specsavers Opticians on Wide Bargate in Boston on July 1
- A 79-year-old woman died after a serious crash on the A46 Lincoln bypass on July 23