Greater Lincolnshire had no coronavirus deaths in the county’s hospitals for the first time in nearly two weeks.
No fatalities have been recorded at either United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust and Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Trust in the latest round of daily updates.
Since March 26, at least one patient who tested positive for COVID-19 has been confirmed each day to have died at one of the county’s hospital trusts.
Last Friday saw the highest daily spike as eight people died at hospitals run by ULHT.
So far, a total of 36 people have died in Greater Lincolnshire with 346 cases confirmed across the county.
All patients who have died in the county’s hospitals had underlying health conditions.
Last week, public health bosses in Lincolnshire warned that they expected the number of cases and deaths to increase.
Meanwhile, Andrew Morgan, chief executive at ULHT, said he expects hospitals to experience a surge of cases in the coming weeks.
“I don’t think we’ve hit the surge period, yet, either nationally or locally,” he said.
“What we’re trying to do is make sure our capacity is available for those patients. So wards get moved around, staff get moved around. We make sure our intensive care capacity is sufficient.
“At the moment, I think we’re coping well, but we’re expecting a harder time over the coming few weeks.”